Sunday, August 19, 2012

Published Work for Groupon

Groupon's editorial department could easily outnumber a small nation's army, and many, many people's red pens go into shaping each deal's content before it goes live on the site (that is, if the city planning department doesn't pull it for one of a million reasons first). Here are a few live deals that I contributed significant unaltered portions to.

I wrote 100% of the merchant profile for Nelly Spillane's, the entire last paragraph of the writeup section.

I also wrote 100% of this merchant profile for Super Spa.

I wrote 100% of this deal for The Original Retro Brand Apparel--that includes the deal and merchant descriptions as well as all of the microcopy, which is written to be used across multiple platforms. 

I contributed the In a Nutshell section microcopy as well as the introductory "humor lede" to this Trevi Nails writeup.

I wrote the humor lede for this Hidden Valley Animal Adventure deal, too. 

I've also written speculative work for training purposes at Groupon.

And, in addition to all that, I've written email subject lines and microcopy headers for literally thousands of deals, all within snug character limits and all adhering to strict styling guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment